Canada's Own Soap. Bath & Body Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insurance for Guild Members

+10
sunshine
herb
yatyat
Suesen
MCCMeli
Malaspina
Green Ponies
The Soap Gallery
Islandsoaper
Admin
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Insurance for Guild Members - Page 2 Empty Re: Insurance for Guild Members

Post by MCCMeli Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:45 am

sunshine wrote: I'm with the same one as Meli. Cooperaters here would not touch me after I jumped through a tonne of hoops. With Canfise you fill out a form send it in and are done. It is only good for Canada though.

Yatyat, if my policy is the same one as sunshine's then I'm not covered for the US either. I don't sell enough to the US for it to make a difference, so for now it's fine for me. However, I can't see anything in the documents I have that precludes it. You would have to speak to Kim or one of his staff to confirm that, though.
MCCMeli
MCCMeli

Back to top Go down

Post by yatyat Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:48 pm

Thanks for the info Meli. i will sit tight right now for the group deal but it sucks that i am paying so much more than everyone else Sad

yatyat

Back to top Go down

Post by ministeph Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:12 pm

I really hope this becomes available soon!! I'm really reallly tired of defending myself and debating with insurance agents to get the coverage I need.. half the time just EXPLAINING what I'm doing is difficult enough! Thank you so much Canadian Soap Guild Smile Very Happy flower

ministeph

Back to top Go down

Post by Malaspina Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:27 pm

Okay so here is where we are today.

Contact your local Cooperators agent and explain you are looking for Commercial Liability Insurance with coverage of $1 million. Included in your insurance will be coverage to sell international at no additional charge provided your sales out of country are over a certain amount.

If you are having problems, please let me know and I will see what I can do. The key here is you are looking for Commercial Liability Insurance rather than crafter's insurance.
Malaspina
Malaspina

http://www.MalaspinaSoapFactory.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by ministeph Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:23 pm

Malaspina wrote:Okay so here is where we are today.

Contact your local Cooperators agent and explain you are looking for Commercial Liability Insurance with coverage of $1 million. Included in your insurance will be coverage to sell international at no additional charge provided your sales out of country are over a certain amount.

If you are having problems, please let me know and I will see what I can do. The key here is you are looking for Commercial Liability Insurance rather than crafter's insurance.

Still no word on the guild insurance yet? thats okay Smile I can't imagine how difficult all this must be to organize!!!
I'm still waiting for it, but I will definitely try co-operators if it doesn't happen soonish. Smile I had emailed them a while ago
with some questions, but they weren't really willing to talk to me without having an appointment and seeing a rep in person..
I understand why, but at the same time I received very prompt responses from other agencies so it was a bit annoying. They are only
open when I'm at work of course, and I can't really leave during the day until my co-workers wife has her baby haha and hes back
full time!

SO! regardless it is still a waiting game for me.

ministeph

Back to top Go down

Post by Malaspina Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:13 pm

Okay - here is where we are with Cooperators. Each broker decides on what policies they are willing to write (not impressed) so have them refer to Malaspina Soap Factory Inc. as being the standard to get your insurance.

In the meantime I am going back to the drawing board and I'm going to talk to a few other insurance companies to see what we can get done.

I am incredibly disappointed in this result....
Malaspina
Malaspina

Back to top Go down

Post by ministeph Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:36 pm

Malaspina wrote:Okay - here is where we are with Cooperators. Each broker decides on what policies they are willing to write (not impressed) so have them refer to Malaspina Soap Factory Inc. as being the standard to get your insurance.

In the meantime I am going back to the drawing board and I'm going to talk to a few other insurance companies to see what we can get done.

I am incredibly disappointed in this result....

Thank you Malaspina, for the clarification.. I'm sorry I misunderstood your previous post!
I will definitely call cooperators and see what I can work out Smile Embarassed

ministeph

Back to top Go down

Post by HomemadeBathGoodies Thu May 19, 2011 12:54 pm

Hey! I'm looking for some insurance. Where can I sign up the membership? Please send more information about resistrictions as to can we sell to the USA, or are we limited to only in Canada. Is there a phone number we can contact you or an email? Thank You!

HomemadeBathGoodies

Back to top Go down

Post by Malaspina Thu May 19, 2011 1:37 pm

Hi at this point we are not going to be able to offer full services. I sent you a PM on some of the places to look for insurance. Depending on where you live you can talk to The Co-Operators but not all the brokers are offering the Commercial Liability Insurance.

We (I) am continuing to try to find an insurance company that will set something up for all soapmakers.

Due to time constraints we have not been able to launch the guild but we are continuing to look for the benefits that will make the guild valuable to all of us.

Cheers
Malaspina
Malaspina

Back to top Go down

Post by HomemadeBathGoodies Thu May 19, 2011 2:23 pm

I called some insurance companies in my area , Montreal Quebec, Canada and some told me they dont cover this kinda insurance. Another told me tat I will need to get a UPC code number, have all my recipes sent to the canadian saftey standard to get approved. Which in total her insurance would cost me between 5-10 grand a year. This is insane. Or she told me to get my company incorporated which can cost $1100 a year and if someone sues me, I have to close my company and never sell again. I am so disappointed with my findings, that I am thinking of giving up on soap making. How do other people sell soap and pay only $400 bucks. What does it cover? I was thinking if I write a disclamer does that count for some kind of of protection for me?

HomemadeBathGoodies

Back to top Go down

Post by MCCMeli Fri May 27, 2011 12:12 am

If you read back in this thread, you'll find the address for Canfinse - Aviva. Their insurance is quite good for less than $700.00/ year.

As for the upc codes - that is not necessary at all; I have no idea why you were told you needed them.

If you are selling, you WILL have to register your products with Health Canada, but you do not have to send the recipe - just a list of ingredients in descending order - there is a thread about that too.

You do not have to incorporate - but I suggest you register your business as a sole ownership.
MCCMeli
MCCMeli

Back to top Go down

Post by Malaspina Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:02 pm

Everything Meli said.... Very Happy
Malaspina
Malaspina

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlene Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:37 pm

I am definately interested and sooooo happy to know that this is in the works, it has been a frustrating journey to say the least.

Let me know where and when and whats going on so I can sign up. If there is any info I can find or anything I can do to help this become a reality. Count me in
Charlene
Charlene

http://soulscentsibility.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2