Canada's Own Soap. Bath & Body Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Consumer Product Safety & Testing

2 posters

Go down

Consumer Product Safety & Testing Empty Consumer Product Safety & Testing

Post by HomemadeBathGoodies Wed May 25, 2011 10:02 am

If I want to start selling my homemade m&p soaps, and bath bombs online, internet sales, do I have to complete the notification forms and send them to Health Canada? Do i need to get my products tested for germs or what not, and where do you recommend this is done?


Posts : 4
Join date : 2011-05-11
Location : Montreal, Quebec

Back to top Go down

Consumer Product Safety & Testing Empty Re: Consumer Product Safety & Testing

Post by MCCMeli Fri May 27, 2011 12:15 am

Yes you need to complete the Notification forms for Health Canada. I would recommend getting any products that have water and preservatives in them tested before you sell. I'm not sure where you are located, but if it's a bigger centre, you may be able to find a lab to test those products close to you.

Edited to add: If you are selling, you need to follow Health Canada's labelling policies also.

Posts : 27
Join date : 2011-02-27

Back to top Go down

Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum